- Highly flexible - our Flexible flat sheets are only 1mm thick, meaning they offer total manoeuvrability, ideal for undulating or uneven surfaces.
- Long lasting and durable - sheets maintain all the strength and durability of the rest of the range and will not crack when affixed to an undulating surface.
- Easy to replace - as these sheets are small (up to 2400mm wide by 1200mm long) and applied using adhesive alone (no fixing kits), if one does get accidentally damaged, it is easy to whip off and replace with another.
- Stair Nosing Uk offer a cut-to-size service if the stock sizes aren't suitable for you.
How to Install
- We recommend a single fixing method for installing Flexible flat sheets. This consists of our structural adhesive - SP350 High Tack Adhesive or similar. 2 x SP350 cartridges are required to install one flat sheet.
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry, and free from wax, oil, food residue or any other substance likely to affect the application of the paint. Grease and oil should be removed with our Standard Degreaser.
- Dry fit all panels to ensure they fit freely and that they sit flat down on the surface. If required, can be trimmed on site to suit, ideally using a skill saw with a 4mm diamond blade or an angle grinder with a 1mm blade.
- Please ensure that goggles and gloves are worn at all times when any form of cutting is involved.
- Apply an approx. 6mm bead (this may need to be increased dependent on the substrate conditions) of the high strength gap filling adhesive around the periphery of the underside of the Flexible panels approx. 25mm in from the edges.
- Then, starting from the bottom left corner come up at an angle (approx. 200mm across) and then down at an angle, to create a ‘peak and a trough’, repeat this until you reach the end.
- Immediately press the panel firmly to the substrate to ensure adequate transfer of adhesive (depending on the size of the bead, this will elevate the sheet by approximately 1-1.5mm).
- A firm bond will be achieved in about one hour under normal circumstances and conditions.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.