- Stair Nosing Uk offer a cut-to-size service if the stock sizes aren't suitable for you.
- Extremely durable - our flat sheets comprise of a high quality composite of glass woven matting impregnated with isophthalic polyester resin to ensure a long life, even in the busiest of environments.
- Slip resistant - our ExtremeCore grit is added in the final layer of laminate providing an excellent slip resistant and hard wearing surface.
- Corrosion resistant - our flat sheets resist a wide range of chemicals and are perfectly suited for use even in the harshest of environments. Chemical resistance guides are available on request.
- Suitable for - almost any surface including concrete, steel and wood.
- Ideal for - marina walkways, warehouse floors, disabled access ramps, factory walkways, and entrance areas to retirement homes, schools and council buildings.
- Simple to install and once applied they can be walked on straight away.
|MOHS Hardness Scale:
|PTV Test Reading Dry:
|PTV Test Reading Wet:
|4mm - 5mm with grit
|5mm - 7mm with grit
- Sheffield Girls School Case Study
- Heathrow Airport Case Study
- Procter and Gamble Case Study
How to Install
- You can install our Non Slip Heavy Duty Flat Sheets easily and quickly with our Non Slip GRP Flooring Sheet Fixing Kits. 1 fixing kit covers 1 full 2400mm x 1200mm sheet.
- Ensure that the area is clean, dry and free from loose and friable material. Any “dished” or damaged surface areas should be patch repaired to provide a reasonably flat and consistent surface.
- Dry fit all Non Slip panels to ensure they fit freely and that they sit flat down on the surface. If required, Non Slip can be trimmed on site to suit, ideally using a skill saw with a 4mm diamond blade or an angle grinder with a 1mm blade.
- Please ensure that goggles and gloves are worn at all times when any form of cutting is involved.
Fixing Kit Application
- Apply an approx. 6mm bead (this may need to be increased dependant on the substrate conditions) of the high strength gap filling adhesive around the periphery of the underside of the Non Slip panels approx. 25mm in from the edges. Then, starting from the bottom left corner come up at an angle (approx. 200mm across) and then down at an angle, to create a ‘peak and a trough’, repeat this until you reach the end. Immediately press the panel firmly to the substrate to ensure adequate transfer of adhesive (depending on the size of the bead, this will elevate the sheet by approximately 1-1.5mm). A firm bond will be achieved in about one hour under normal circumstances and conditions. Secure with mechanical fixings, as below.
- Drill holes 50mm in from all edges at no more than 300mm apart from the centres. Depending on the width of the panels it may be necessary to provide fixing points at 600mm centres down the middle of the panels. As substrates vary considerably, additional fixings may be required to fix the panels down. If fixing down two pieces of flat sheet that is constrained by sides (i.e. a ramp with wall on either side) a 5mm expansion gap should be considered between the two or more sheets. This gap can be filled with a standard high modulus mastic.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.